Search Feature

Monday, April 2, 2018

More Smoked Chicken Chile Rellenos



One of the things I love about leftover smoked meats, I can stuff rellenos with them!

I saved some smoked chicken from this cook...


Blistered, peeled and seeded some poblano chiles...


added scallions, cheese and seasonings to the smoked chicken..



Stuffed the chiles and dusted them with flour to help the batter stick...




Made my batter.. beat 8 egg whites til stiff, add 8 fork beaten yolks..fold in 8 TBs of flour and a pinch of salt...


Dip stuffed chiles in batter and fry til golden...



Spoon some of the hot oil onto the chile to set the batter before flipping them over. It makes things easier. lol



Served over a sauce of sauteed onions and garlic, add 2 cups of chicken stock, 8 oz of tomato sauce, oregano, salt and pepper to taste..





I love these! 

Still no rain here but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. My garden plants are ready to be moved outside as soon as then night temperatures rise a bit. I have camping fever and hope to get away for a few days this week. Not sure if outdoor campfire cooking will be allowed. I might have to take a tabletop grill or sardines in a can. lol
Hope everyone had a nice Easter.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Big Dude said...

The rellenos and original meal both looks delicious

Oneeye said...

Looking good! Wishing you folks could get the rain you need. Here in Minnesota we need spring to get here! Some more warm and less snow would hit the spot.

After 10 years of thinking about it and threatening, I finally got a charcuterie chamber made. Going to be filling it with wild boar hams and bellies that are curing now. Excited for a new culinary adventure!

cowgirl said...

Thanks so much Larry! Good to see ya. Hope winter has been treating you well!!

cowgirl said...

Oneeye, that's fantastic! Hope you keep me posted on how those wild boar hams and bellies turn out. I bet they will be delicious!
I'd sure take some of your snow. lol
I think we got two dustings this winter.. maybe 1 to 2 inches total.
Hope you have a nice weekend! Thanks..