Search Feature

Friday, October 28, 2016

Catfish n Okra Over the Fire




I was able to get away for a couple of good camp/fishing trips the end of summer. It was nice to be able to relax and I actually caught a few fish.
Before leaving home, I picked what okra was ready in the garden. Decided it would go good with my finger food fish meal.  (pic of a few, I had more already cut up)



soaked in milk...



used a mixture of
1/2 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour
cayenne to taste
salt, pepper and a bit of garlic powder



cleaned a couple of catfish, let them soak in 1/2 and 1/2 while I prepped the coating.





got the fire going and heated some oil in the pot for the okra...


I had more okra than fish, so I started frying it first...


used a skillet to fry the catfish...





The weather was nice that day. It rained a few times on this trip but I didn't mind. It was so nice just being out there.





That was pretty much it. Catfish n okra...




and a cold "MINE" to wash it down. :)


The catfish was white and tender...



It was a nice evening by the campfire...




I caught enough catfish to bring some home for the freezer. They weren't frankenfish, but  they were keepers. :)

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: