Search Feature

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Elk Chili





Giving this a try. I'm still having blogger/photobucket problems.

Had the chance to go camping last month. First campout of the year. Really enjoyed it even though the weather was a bit cool! :)

I brought along some ground elk meat for a pot of chili. It was a cold rainy day so I used my little charcoal cooker instead of the tractor tire rim.

The water logged tractor rim...


I sauteed some onions, garlic and peppers first, then added the elk meat to brown...




The little cooker works great but the lid doesn't close all the way with this pot inside. I need to make a new pot.



added some tomatoes, jalapenos, chili powder, seasonings and beer, then let her simmer all day...









I gave it a stir every once in awhile and added more beer when needed. It smelled soooo good!








heated a few tortillas...
I like them hot and slathered in butter. :)






That was it....hot elk chili on a cold rainy day. :)





It was one of my favorite meals while camping. I went for 8 days so I have a lot of cookin' pictures to post. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can. lol

Hope everyone is having a great spring so far!


No comments: