Search Feature

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Smoked Scalloped Taters n Ham




 I love smoked ham.....and one of the benefits of smoking a ham is the leftovers!

This is a store bought ham, not homegrown. I smoked it in the Memphis Pro and used a mustard, brown sugar, whiskey glaze.





I dined on the ham the first night. Then the next night I sliced some tatoes and onions into a skillet, then added a layer of smoked ham slices...



then added cheese and more sliced tatoes...





Then I made a basic white sauce with butter, flour, milk and seasonings..



Poured over the tatoes, ham and onions and it's ready for the smoker.



Into the Memphis Pro again...
I foiled the skillet loosely until the tatoes were tender...



then removed the foil and added more cheese....



Smoked til hot and bubbly ..





It was ooey and gooey and comforting...




I love this stuff! The addition of smoke adds another layer of flavor to the taters.
It's a nice comfort food. :)


The weather has been great here! Actually have had a few thunderstorms.  The pastures are fairly green now and the horses and cows are happy. Haven't had the chance to go fishing again but hope to do so soon.
Hope everyone's summer is going well!

4 comments:

LindaG said...

Looks amazing!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Pretty tastey looking comfort food. Glad to hear you have some grass coming Jeanie. Hope you get the chance to get and play soon. I've being doing a lot of it. It's about time. Have a good July the 4, and please go easy on all the peeps out there, sometimes those snowballs can be pretty heavy and hard this time of the year. Have fun.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Linda! Hope you have a great 4th! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Mark, I was just thinking about those snowballs. I'll try not to get too wild with them. :)
Really glad you have been taking some time off to play, you deserve it Mark!
Hope all is well with you, good to see ya. Have a great weekend! :)