Search Feature

Monday, January 27, 2014

Rocky and the Moon




Trying really hard to concentrate on rounding up tax papers but my thoughts are elsewhere. lol

Every morning my new friend Rocky comes by the front window to distract me. I'm not sure how he made it to the farm... He had to cross unprotected pastures with coyotes, hawks, bobcats and owls.  This is the first squirrel I've seen in my area, I'm sure most just don't make it this far.




He's so danged cute and distracting!

I still haven't gotten over my love of the full moon.....



Haven't posted pics of the moon in a long time but I still wander out to the front of the house to watch it rise...



I'll never get tired of it! :)

So much for getting any work done. At least I have until April 15th to get my head out of the clouds. (and the stars) lol


Hope you all are having better luck than me! :)

8 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Just getting into the whole tax mode here in the holler...I find little things distracting too! I remember you when I see a full moon. I always hope you have clear skies so you can see it too!

lisa said...

I sure didn't get much done today. He sure is cute. When I go down to the city in the summer to visit the hubby when he is working, they have a squirrel and woodchuck that they feed peanuts too. I was down one week cleaning their house and heard this scratching noise at the patio doors, here was this squirrel waiting and wanting some peanuts! Couldn't believe it.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP, That's kind of you to remember me! I still love that full moon, not sure why but it makes me forget about everything else.
Good luck with your taxes! :)

cowgirl said...

That squirrel sounds so cute Lisa!! Great idea on the peanuts, I'll get some.
Good to see you, thanks for stopping by! :)

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Ahhh tax time, thanks for reminding me Jeanie. lol. I never did give my squirrel a name. Maybe I should think one up for him. A lot of people think they are a pain in the neck, but they just give me the feel of being deeper in the wilderness. Just the sound and all that. But they can be a bit of a pain in the neck too. They'll chew their way into buildings to get at the rewards inside. Traction used to keep pretty busy trying to get the little guy, but I think she finally gave up. That squirrel humiliates her. lol.

pid said...

Any sign of his buddy Bullwinkle?

pid

cowgirl said...

lol Mark, Rocky the squirrel humiliates my dog and cats too. :)
This is my first experience being around squirrels. Thanks for the heads up about them chewing into buildings. I'll watch for signs.
Hope you're keeping warm! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Pid, no sign yet! I'll keep an eye out for him. :)