Search Feature

Saturday, September 22, 2012

I couldn't resist .............Chicharron Shrimp

After making a fresh batch of Chicharrons the other day, I couldn't resist seeing what kind of coating they would make for fried shrimp. :)



The chicharrons were so tasty...and I love fried shrimp, just seemed like the right thing to do. lol

I crushed a few of the dried pork skins...



shelled, removed the vein, butterflied and rinsed the shrimp, then pressed the pork skin pieces onto each side..






Deep fried til all chicharrons were puffed. They cooked fast!..




Sprinkled with SM Season all dry rub...




These were insanely good... :)




I will make these again but next time I will break the chicharrons into smaller pieces.

The flavor combo was great! :)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks soo delicious. I have never seen anything like that before and I hope I can copy that any time.

LG Rolf

Dinslaken
Germany

Chris said...

Absolutely twisted!!!! I could see this being a new trend ala coconut shrimp.

David said...

Brings new meaning to popcorn shrimp!

Woodworkin' & Good Eats said...

Those are beautiful. What a lovely presentation! Steve

cowgirl said...

Rolf thank you... Nice to see you! I enjoyed your crawdad boil pics...looked like a great cookout!
Thanks for stopping by. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Chris Thanks! Twisted it was. :)

cowgirl said...

lol David.. hadn't thought of that. Thanks! :)

cowgirl said...

Hi Steve, nice to see you! Thanks! :)