Search Feature

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mrs JP's Smore Krispies

Mrs JP at The Little Dog Shelter in the Holler posted this recipe not long ago and I couldn't resist giving it a try. :)

The recipe calls for Golden Grahams, butter, marshmallows and chocolate chips....(please see Mrs JP's blog for recipe).





I used the microwave like Mrs JP did to melt the butter and marshmallows...



added the cereal to the melted marshmallows...



and added the chocolate chips...



pressed into buttered pan....





They are soooo tasty!!
The recipe takes about 5 minutes if everything goes well. :)

After melting the marshmallows and butter, I left to find a pan. Returning in time to see my stirring spoon sink to the bottom of the bowl of gooey marshmallow goodness.

I fished the sticky white spoon out of the bowl and brushed aside a wisp of hair that was dangling over my right eye.... pretty much gluing a couple of fingers to the side of my head in the process.
Long story short... I'm washable. :)
They are really tasty!!
Thanks Mrs JP, I will be making these again soon. :)

12 comments:

Old Smoke said...

Great story Jeanie
Isn't it amazing how ordinary marshmallows can morph into an industrial strength adhesive when melted....Oh and the Krispies sure look good,too.

Rueben said...

Too Funny!! Looks great and sounds like you had fun!!

(:{

Mrs. JP said...

I'm glad you liked the recipe. I laughed out loud at you leaving the spoon and then wearing some marshmallow. Maybe I should have said that's 5 minutes of continual attention (no going away allowed when working w/ marshmallow.)

Mike said...

Oh man, I haven't made those since I was a kid! Before microwaves! It was always such a pain to melt the marshmellows without burning them in the pan. A good twist on this is to use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate, well if you like butterscotch anyway. Very nice post Jeanie!

~Mike

poetcomic1 said...

BUTTER not margarine, people. When you only have four ingredients you don't go cheap on one of them. I'm a Golden Grahams freak and this is my next sweet pig-out.

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rick! You're giving me ideas... I could build something with this adhesive. :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Rueben, it was fun. Good to see ya. :)

cowgirl said...

Mrs JP, thank you again! I loved em. :)
Next time I'll be more careful. lol

cowgirl said...

Mike thanks! I love butterscotch too.. thanks for the idea.
I'll add some in the mix next time. :)

cowgirl said...

Poetcomic I had to check... yep butter in the recipe. :)
Hope you give these a try! Thanks!

Paul said...

Mmmmm! Thanks Jeanie, I just made a double batch and used Honey grahams, and cinnamon toast crunch together. :)

cowgirl said...

Hey Paul good to see ya! Honey grahams and cinnamon toast crunch sound great! Thanks for letting me know.. I will give it a try next time. :)
Thanks Paul!