Search Feature

Monday, February 6, 2012

A Fried Green Tomato BLT (with) Jalapeno Bacon and Beer Bread

I fried up some of the canned green tomatoes from this fall...



Seasoned them with salt and cracked black pepper, dipped in flour, egg/milk wash, a flour cornmeal garlic combo and then panko bread crumbs...



fried in the jalapeno bacon drippings until golden and crisp...



made a skillet of beer bread....

3 cups self rising flour
1/4 cup sugar (more or less to taste)
a pinch of salt
one 12 oz beer



Brushed the loaf with an egg wash then sprinkled with minced onions. Then baked in the smoker at 325F until the top sounded hollow when tapped...






I whittled off a few slivers of jalapeno bacon into the skillet to fry til crisp...













Then built my sandwich...





I slathered the lid with Bufalo chipotle mayo...





Had to smoosh it down a bit but it was tasty!!



Definately a "company" sandwich, or you'll be eating it for a week! :)

15 comments:

Big Dude said...

I like everything on it and it looks good enough to eat it all in one setting, but I know I couldn't. Great use of your canned tomatoes and it's special that all of the main ingredients were homemade.

Tiffany said...

That looks super! I'm going to have to try out your bread recipe.

Mrs. JP said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! That looks delish. I have to remember to can some green tomatoes.

Paul said...

Never had fried green tomatoes, they look great, thanks Jeanie.

1st Man said...

Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. Thank you for this. Wow!! Now I can't wait to grow some extra tomatoes just to use them 'green'.

cowgirl said...

Thank you Larry! It would be pretty tricky to eat in one sitting. lol
Hope you're having a nice week.

cowgirl said...

Thank you TW! The beer flavors the bread too, I like light beer the best.
Good luck with it! :)

cowgirl said...

lol Mrs JP, That made me laugh! Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Paul is that you? :)
Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Thank you 1st Man! The tomatoes are handy to have during the winter. Thanks for stopping by! :)

Paul said...

Hmm... unknown..yeah it's Paul. I'll figure it out someday : )

cowgirl said...

:) I thought that might be you. Thanks Paul!

Chris Michels said...

Marry me.....

cowgirl said...

lol Chris....Thanks for the laugh, and thanks for stopping by too. Great profile pic! :)

Chris said...

Now THAT is a sandwich!